Nut milks make a great alternative to cows milk - almond milk being the most popular! Its very easy to make as long as you have a blender and nut milk bag, which can be bought from Amazon.
So whether you are following a plant based diet, are dairy intolerant, cutting back on dairy or fancy trying something new then have a go at making this. I find it quite rewarding knowing theres a bottle of homemade almond milk in my fridge but maybe thats just me - I can't be the only one!!
You will need:
1 cup of almonds
4 cups of water plus 1 cup for soaking the almonds
An optional sweetener - 1 medjool date, 1 tsp maple syrup, 1 tsp agave nectar.
1. Soak the 1 cup of almonds in a bowl with 1 cup of water for 8 hours or overnight
2. Rinse the almonds and add to blender with 4 cups of water
3. Blend for about 2-3 minutes or until smooth
4. Pour the milk into the nut milk bag over a bowl and squeeze out all the almond milk until you are just left with the pulp.
5. Filter the milk into an airtight bottle and store in fridge.